Role & Department
This role focuses on the key risks, Operational, Credit, and Market Risk, and includes the development of the policies, processes, and reporting.
The role will suit an individual who has a sound understanding of the risk management process and will be involved in all areas to identify, assess, manage and monitor risks to the firm and its clients. This is an opportunity to develop the role and build knowledge and experience, with exposure to all aspects of risk management and working with all areas of the company.
A good understanding of Operational Risk and its integration into the business is key, with Credit and Market risk techniques, particularly in financial products, FX, CFDs or Spread Bets as an advantage.
What you'll be doing
- Analysing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company, particularly within the Key Risk areas.
- Apply risk management techniques to assess manage and monitor the risks to the firm.
- Reporting – building, developing and maintaining reports at various frequencies to keep the business informed of its risk exposures and provide oversight for alerts, limits and actions.
- Reporting – preparing risk management reports which may include converting or summarising complex data into meaningful presentations tailored to the relevant audience.
- Meeting with stakeholders across the business to deliver the Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA) process.
- Promoting risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company
- Working with departmental managers to develop policies and processes, presenting this in clear and understandable manner relevant to the users, utilising tools such as flowcharts.
- Incident analysis – including evaluation of response, mitigating actions, and action plans.
- Review and Develop BCP & DR plans to ensure they are up to date, tested and effective.
What you'll bring
- A professional qualification in Risk Management (IRM, IOR or similar).
- 2+ years of experience working in a Risk Management or Audit function.
- Advanced user of Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent Written, Verbal and Interpersonal Communication.
- Programming understanding is an advantage (VB, SQL, C++, Python).
- Excellent presentation skills – Able to work with large groups and provide training.
- Self-motivated, responsible and desire to develop risk management skills.
- Problem-solving, analytical thinking, decision making & time management.
Who we are
Finalto is a financial services provider offering liquidity and trading services to institutional and retail investors. We are seeking a Risk Associate to join a small but expanding risk team providing risk management and governance for the Finalto Group of companies.