Role & Department
We are looking for someone who is commercially oriented and eager to lean and understand our business and the Services that markets.com and the Finalto group at large provides. The successful candidate will provide in-house legal services and oversee primarily the corporate administration of the group entities and supporting the Legal Department.
What you'll be doing
- Provide day to day legal support to legal entities of the Group as may be needed from time to time, including reparation, review of contracts/agreements and other legal documents (POA, Resolutions etc) with technology, marketing, financial services and other providers.
- Assist both the legal and various departments (finance, customer support, marketing etc) with tasks relating to the Group
- General corporate administration duties, including correspondence handling, mail/email forwarding, filing, email answering
- Provision of internal legal advice and opinions
- Researching for legal cases;
- Conduct of administrative legal work, including making arrangements for certifying true copies, apostille etc.
- Generating reports, coordinate responses and compile information/documentation requested by compliance, auditors, DPO and other departments
What you'll bring
- Degree in Law – Qualified Lawyer
- Master’s Degree in Law or a relevant field
- Basic or Advanced Certification of the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission will be considered an advantage
- Experience as a corporate lawyer and administrator working with other jurisdictions (outside Cyprus)
- Excellent command of English language (spoken and written)
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 3 years of post-qualification experience as a commercial lawyer at a law firm or in-house (or a combination of both).
- Previous experience in the FX/CFDs industry will be considered an advantage as would knowledge of the regulatory regime for financial markets and investment firms, primarily MiFID and ISDA.
- Working experience in and orientation towards English Law, mainly with regards to agreements/contracts.
- Knowledge of IT / IP / Data protection law and regulations will be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English and good drafting ability
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the capacity to simultaneously handle variety of tasks
- Ability to work on standard templates and customize them when necessary so as to adjust them to specific business needs
- Commercial orientation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dynamic, flexible with strong attention to detail
- Team player
Who we are
We are markets.com, a CFDs broker which is part of the Finalto Group – financial trading division of Playtech PLC, a FTSE-250 company listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We are recruiting for a Legal Counsel to join our Legal Department team of the markets.com business based in our Nicosia office, with an opportunity to work with lawyers across the Finalto Group.